What We’re Doing in Response to COVID-19
Annapolis Propane & Fuels is highly committed to the safety and security of our customers, employees, and our local communities. We are continually monitoring the situation in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact it’s having on the communities in which we serve and live. You, our valued customer, depend on us to provide energy sources and services to your home and business, and that is something we take very seriously. Rest assured we are dedicated to do our part to continue to provide timely deliveries, quality products, and excellent customer service to you.
We are following the guidelines of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other highly respected health organizations. We are concerned with the health and safety of our customers and employees and are taking every preventative measure to protect all parties.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE DOING NOW
As an essential services business to our Maryland neighbors, we are still here to serve all your home comfort needs.
- For tips on managing your energy usage during the COVID-19 pandemic, click here.
- Office customer lobby is open. We are adhering to CDC standards and require masks to be worn in office. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with a mask upon entry. We continue to follow CDC’s social distancing standards and ask customers to keep 6 feet away from others in the lobby. We will be accommodating 3 customers in the lobby at a time, if you find three or more upon arrival, please wait outside until someone comes out.
- We are making workspace adjustments to our office to ensure social distancing guidelines are being followed.
- We are prohibiting the congregating of employees in common areas.
- We have cancelled all non-essential employee air travel until further notice.
OUR STAFF IS STILL WORKING HARD
While our customer lobby is open, we are still taking precautionary measures with our working environment. We are still working hard to serve you. We continue to have some staff working at home at full capacity (as many are still affected by school and other business shutdowns). And we have some working in the office. If an employee feels sick or has a fever, they are still required to stay home.
To abide by the social distancing guidelines, we have instituted procedures to meet these guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our in-office staff.
- Some in-office staff and equipment such as our service tablets have been relocated within the building to remain within the social distancing guidelines.
- We are instructing our employees (whether in office or at home) to wash their hands frequently following the CDC recommendations.
- The procedures of our delivery and service drivers in regards to communication and paperwork have been revised in order to limit in-office time. They are in constant communication via telephone with dispatchers to ensure all questions are answered and services are completed as required.
- Staggered start times for delivery drivers. What does this mean for you? Now that we're heading into our busy season and our drivers have more stops, you may see us at your home to deliver fuel a little later in the day than normal.
If you need to make a payment on your account, we still encourage you to pay online. Credit card payments can also be made by calling (410) 923-9199.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Annapolis Propane will not be interrupting fuel service due to payment issues (or non-payment). Your energy source is an essential need for your home or business. If you have questions or concerns regarding your payments due to a COVID-19 shutdown, please call us at (410) 923-9199 to discuss. We will gladly work out a payment plan during the duration of the State of Emergency.
We have reinstated preventative maintenance work in customers’ homes. Fuel deliveries, new installations/tank sets, and gas and leak checks services were never interrupted and will continue to be serviced as well. The health and safety of our customers and our employees is of the utmost importance and for this reason, we will be adhering to social distancing guidelines and ensure our service technicians have a mask upon entry of each home.
FOR ANY WORK REQUIRING ENTRY INTO A HOME OR BUSINESS
We have implemented a change in our protocol if you require service inside the home. You will be contacted by an office team member prior to the visit and will be asked a series of questions for safety precautions. These questions will be asked for every service where in-home entry must occur in order to accurately complete the job.
- Have you or anyone in the household traveled internationally in the past 30 days?
- Is there anyone in your home exhibiting a fever and/or flu-like symptoms?
- Is anyone in your home exhibiting respiratory difficulties or illness?
- Are you okay with our technician/driver visiting your home to perform the service scheduled?
If you are unavailable to discuss prior to the technician’s/driver’s arrival, then these questions would be asked by the technician/driver prior to beginning the service call.
Upon arrival to your location if the technician feels unsafe they can politely excuse themselves and contact the office to discuss. We will contact you regarding the need to reschedule your service.
If entry into the home is required, all technicians are to wear a fresh set of gloves, mask, and booties at each appointment. Used ones are to be immediately discarded into a bag and then sealed.
OUR PROMISE IS TO CONTINUE SERVING YOU
We will continue to care for our employees, our customers and their families while navigating this situation. We will be evaluating the ongoing COVID-19 developments and monitoring and communicating any impact it may have to you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your service, please call (410) 923-9199.
The Annapolis Propane Team