New and existing homeowners are constantly looking for the best way to power their home. And there are a lot of choices available - electric, natural gas, propane, heating oil, solar power.
So what are the advantages of using propane?
Whether you're heating your home, drying your clothes, or cooking food - propane is an excellent energy choice! Propane is a clean and abundant energy source. There are many advantages of using propane over electric or natural gas, see below!
- Clean and Environmentally Friendly: Propane is completely non-toxic and insoluble in water, so you won’t have to worry about soil and water issues if a problem occurs. It is also released as a gas, so you never have to worry about spills or a pool forming.
- Affordability: Propane typically costs nearly HALF as much per BTU as electricity. If you’re looking to save on your energy bill, then choose propane over electricity!
- Reliability: If an electrical outage occurs, and your home is run on electric - then you're out of luck. But if you have a propane-powered home, you'll still be able to have hot water, main heat, and cook your food. Continue utilizing all the comforts of your home, even in the worst weather conditions.
- Availability: Propane is easy to find and easy to transport. It can be used no matter where you live - in the city, in the country, off the grid.
- Warmer: A propane heating system typically gets about 20° warmer than an electric heating system. And they deliver 98% efficiency!
- Longer Lifetime: Propane furnaces last between 5 and 10 years longer than electric heat pumps.
What can I use propane for?
- Full Home Heat
- Supplemental Home Heat
- Fireplace Inserts
- Water Heating
- Clothes Drying
- Outdoor Living (outdoor fireplaces, firepits, heaters, grilling)
I'm ready to have propane!
Ready to become a propane customer? Give us a call today at 410-923-9199 or contact us online. We'll have you up and running in no time! An Energy Consultant will work with you one-on-one to get your home or business running on propane!